We are very happy that our funding application for an Executive Officer for the WA Feral Cat Working Group has been approved by the State NRM Program (Community Stewardship Grants).
This funding will enable us to recruit an Executive Officer for ~3 days a week for an initial 3 year period. Funding of $224,727 has been secured towards the overall $689,340 project (which includes in-kind contributions from PHCC and partners).
Major outcomes sought from the funding application include:
- Supporting the Working Group through administration and research support activities
- Website development and maintenance (with the funding for the website via a separate grant)
- Indigenous consultation, knowledge sharing and improving cross-organisation collaborative opportunities
- 2021/22 WA Feral Cat Symposium
- 0.6 FTE for 3 years (initially)
- Reporting to PHCC (will also manage advertising & appointment)
- Office facilities available in Mandurah (PHCC) and Perth (WABSI)
A big thank you to the WA Feral Cat Working Group, and particularly the team at WABSI for their support in this application.
For more information on the WA Feral Cat Working Group see – https://peel-harvey.org.au/wa-feral-cat-working-group/
To see all successful State NRM Program recipients see – https://www.wa.gov.au/sites/default/files/2020-11/2020%20-%20Successful%20Community%20Stewardship%20Grants.pdf